This easy clover craft is an awesome and fun way to help learn how to tell time. St Patrick’s Day paper plate crafts do not come much better than this easy shamrock clock.
Our Crafty Critters would like to thank Greg over at Education.com for the amazing and adorable clover clock.
How to Make this St Patricks Day Clover Clock
One of the best ways to start learning how to tell time is by making your very own clock! Your child will love making this adorable clover clock. In addition to building math skills, he’ll get practice tracing and cutting out repeated patterns, a great way to work out fine motor skills.
What You Will Need:
- Green foam (two different shades of green)
- Black marker
- Paper plate
- Construction paper
- Glitter glue
Instructions for this Easy Clover Craft:
1. Have your child draw a clover on a piece of dark green foam. It should be about 2″ x 2″.
2.Have him cut out the clover. Trace it 5 times on the dark green foam, and 6 times on the light green foam. Cut out all of the clovers.
3.Help him arrange the clover cut-outs to form the hour marks of a clock. The “12” will be at the top and the “6”, will be on the bottom.
4. Once all of the clovers are in place, have him carefully glue them down.
5. He can then draw the correct numbers on each clover to create the face of the clock with the black marker.
6. Spruce up the clovers by outlining them with glitter glue. Let dry.
7. Draw out clock hands on the construction paper—a long one for the minutes and a short one for the hour. They should fit onto the face of the clock without extending over the edges. If they extend over, cut them down.
8. Stack the clock hands on top of each other and place them on the plate with the base of the hands in the center.
9. Help your child poke a hole through the base of the paper hands and the center of the paper plate.
10. Have him push a brad through the hole and unfold it on the back of the plate to hold the clock hands in place.
Now he’s ready to tell time!
More Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts:
Complete List of Kids St Patrick Day Craft Ideas
|We have a ton of great crafts for St Patrick’s Day.
Learn your Lucky Leprechaun Name:
Come by and see what your lucky leprechaun name is.
Easy Crafts for Kids is social too! Be sure to join us and keep up to date on what the Crafty Critters are up to:
Do You Like This Easy Clover Craft?
Hi there, I’m Laura an avid kids crafter with two little ones of my own to keep entertained! I have been doing kids crafts since 2018! Here at Easy Crafts for Kids you can find seasonal crafts for all age groups, as well as drawing tutorials, coloring pages and some other fun printables!