Kids LOVE adventure, and medieval times are a captivating part of history. Here are some ideas for medieval crafts for kids that will encourage them to dream and imagine.
With our medieval kids crafts you will be able to turn cardboard into tiny figurines! These figurines are perfect company for our medieval cardboard castle.
We found a way to turn regular cardboard into figurines to add to your cardboard castle and act out your adventures.
With our templates and instructions you will be able to create any characters you want! Plus, we are recycling and being green too!
What you’ll need to make these medieval figurines
To be able to create any of our characters, and more of your own, you will need just our printable template as a base.
We have two figurine templates on this one printable.
- Our first template is a general one, for any character you wish – like our princess, and knight. nYou can also make things like: court jester, queen, king, merchants, servants, priest and more.
- The second template is for the mean dragon. Click Here to Print Your Medieval Figurines Template
The Knight In Shining Armor Medieval Kids Craft
Every story needs a hero! Make your own knight.
Here’s how we did it:
- Colored his armor with silver maker
- Added a sword out of construction paper
- Hands out of peach paper
- The details with a thin black marker
- Green googly eyes
A Beautiful Princess
Now, your knight needs a princess to save and fall in love with.
Here’s how we made her:
- Cut out her dress and hat from pink construction paper.
- Yellow string for her hair
- Made hands and head out of peach paper
- Blue googly eyes (these have gorgeous eyelashes 😉
If you love princess crafts you need to check out my popsicle stick puppets and my spoon princess craft, which will help you make more princess figures for pretend play! You could even use these alongside this medieval castle.
Evil, Fire Breathing Dragon Craft With Paper
How fabulous does this dragon look?! He is so easy to make with paper and coloring pencils. You just need to add googly eyes.
Every story has an evil character and this one is a dragon! Watch him because he breathes fire and it is super hot! He will be trying to hold Princess hostess and stop the good knight from rescuing her.
How we made it:
- Colored him green
- Used a black marker for detail
- Added googly eyes
- Color some white tissue paper orange and yellow for his fire.
Don’t Forget Your Castle!
Now that we have all the characters to act out our adventures, don’t forget your cardboard medieval castle! I have step by step guidelines to help you make this. It is an essential part to help you with your pretend play.
Do You Like These Medieval Crafts for Kids?