Monster Craft for Kids
We've created a MONSTER MASH with this monster craft for kids! Why not make your own army of monsters... add some more ideas to the ones we have made.
All of these monsters use a base ingredient of pom poms, from there let your imagination run wild!
Here's a few ideas we came up with, but the possibilities are endless if you just let your mind wander.
- Pom poms (of every size and color)
- Pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
Baalu the Blue Monster
Our first monster in our army is Baalu, he slithers along and is a great shape for hiding under the bed!
- Find 4 equal size pom poms, of the same color or random colors (your choice). Glue them together, in a U shape.
- Add a smaller pom pom at one end for his tail.
- Glue one big googly eye onto the other end so he can see.
Penelope the Purple Monster
Penelope is a much smaller monster, she easily hides just about anywhere for a good scare. Follow the monster craft for kids instructions below to recreate her!
- Find three pom poms of the same color, two small ones and one larger one.
- Glue the two smaller pom poms onto one side of the large pom pom. This is her feet.
- Glue two big googly eyes above the feet.
Oliver the Orange Monster
Oliver is a bigger monster, but he does have a harder time getting around as he has to bounce everywhere.
- Take a large pom pom and score one side with scissors. Make sure the cut is deep enough to make it look like his mouth.
- Glue two smaller pom poms on top of the large pom pom.
- Add a googly eye onto each of the small pom poms.
Gwen the Green Monster
She is a very small sized monster too, just like Penelope, but she's got arms and legs so she can scare by tickling or running around.
- Glue a small green pom pom onto a larger green pom pom.
- Cut two equal lengths of green pipe cleaners.
- Glue one length to the bottom of the large pom pom.
- Glue the second length around the middle of the large pom pom.
- Add some googly eyes and a nose to the smaller pom pom.
Now that we've made all our monster craft for kids we have our monster mash all ready to go!
Print This Craft & Many More - Crafty Critters: Crafts to Go!"
We've made our site "to go"! No internet? No problem, we've got 100 crafts to go in a downloadable ebook!
Our best crafts, formatted for perfect one page printing or easy reading on a tablet.
Learn more & get your copy today! Crafty Critters: Crafts to Go
More Easy Crafts Like This One:
Mini Mike Wazowski: Make a miniature version of Monsters Inc's Mike Wazowski
Pom Pom Critters: Decorate your pencil with unique pencil toppers.
Easy Crafts for Kids is social too! Be sure to join us and keep up to date on what the Crafty Critters are up to: