We’ve created a MONSTER MASH with this pom pom monster craft for kids! Why not make your own army of monsters… add some more ideas to the ones we have made.
All of these monsters use a base ingredient of pom poms, from there let your imagination run wild!
Here’s a few ideas we came up with, but the possibilities are endless if you just let your mind wander. These are just some of my best monster crafts for kids
- Pom poms (of every size and color)
- Pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
Baalu the Blue Monster
Our first monster in our army is Baalu, he slithers along and is a great shape for hiding under the bed!
- Find 4 equal size pom poms, of the same color or random colors (your choice). Glue them together, in a U shape.
- Add a smaller pom pom at one end for his tail.
- Glue one big googly eye onto the other end so he can see.
Penelope the Purple Monster
Penelope is a much smaller monster, she easily hides just about anywhere for a good scare. Follow the monster craft for kids instructions below to recreate her!
- Find three pom poms of the same color, two small ones and one larger one.
- Glue the two smaller pom poms onto one side of the large pom pom. This is her feet.
- Glue two big googly eyes above the feet.
Oliver the Orange Monster
Oliver is a bigger monster, but he does have a harder time getting around as he has to bounce everywhere.
- Take a large pom pom and score one side with scissors. Make sure the cut is deep enough to make it look like his mouth.
- Glue two smaller pom poms on top of the large pom pom.
- Add a googly eye onto each of the small pom poms.
Gwen the Green Monster
She is a very small sized monster too, just like Penelope, but she’s got arms and legs so she can scare by tickling or running around.
- Glue a small green pom pom onto a larger green pom pom.
- Cut two equal lengths of green pipe cleaners.
- Glue one length to the bottom of the large pom pom.
- Glue the second length around the middle of the large pom pom.
- Add some googly eyes and a nose to the smaller pom pom.
Now that we’ve made all our monster craft for kids we have our monster mash all ready to go!
Print This Craft & Many More – Crafty Critters: Crafts to Go!”
We’ve made our site “to go”! No internet? No problem, we’ve got 100 crafts to go in a downloadable ebook!
Our best crafts, formatted for perfect one page printing or easy reading on a tablet.
Learn more & get your copy today! Crafty Critters: Crafts to Go
More Easy Crafts Like This One:
Mini Mike Wazowski: Make a miniature version of Monsters Inc’s Mike Wazowski
Pom Pom Critters: Decorate your pencil with unique pencil toppers.
How about some leaf monsters for Fall! These are so much fun to make.
Do you like these Monster Crafts with pom poms for Kids?
Hi there, I’m Laura an avid kids crafter with two little ones of my own to keep entertained! I have been doing kids crafts since 2018! Here at Easy Crafts for Kids you can find seasonal crafts for all age groups, as well as drawing tutorials, coloring pages and some other fun printables!