Animal Crafts for Kids
Use these animal crafts for kids to help teach the little ones all the diversity in the animal kingdom.
Sometimes the kids all want to do crafts with a different animal - so having "bear crafts" or "lion crafts" won't please them all!
Use these ideas and let the kids pick which animal they want to create.
The animal kingdom is full of fun animals you can create crafts around.
If your kids have a favorite animal then its a great one to choose for a craft activity.
These animal crafts will help them to create some puppets - a craft they can continue to play with for a long time afterwards.
Paper Bag Animal Puppets
These animal crafts for kids puppets are a great craft for school or parties. You can have everyone create one, then have them play and pretend to be their animal.
Not only a fun craft but turns into a toy they can keep around. Why not create all kinds of different animals for fun later on!
The supplies are the same for whatever animal you are making. We've created a few to show you some ideas.
What You Need:
- Paper bags, Construction paper (various colors), Black marker, Paint, Scissors, Glue
Crab Paper Bag Puppet
Now, your very first of your animal crafts for kids puppets is ready for its debut.
- Cut out a square of red paper, the same size as your paper bag (except for the folded area). Glue this in place.
- Cut out a square of red that is the same size as the folded section at the bottom of your bag. Glue this in place too.
- Cut two strips out of the red paper. Also, two circles out of white paper. Glue the circles to the red strips and draw on some pupils with a black marker. These are your eyeballs - glue them on the bottom fold of the bag.
- Cut two arms out of red paper, make sure you have claws too. Because crabs need claws! Glue these in place - one on each side of the bag.
You can make other sea creature crafts too.Why not make a Squid Pencilholder out of toilet paper.
Or, maybe make a fun Sea Turtle out of an empty fruit cup!
Bumble Bee Puppet
A fun bumble bee to add to the casting list for your debut play.
- Paint the entire paper bag with yellow paint. Allow this to dry. Paint black stripes once the yellow paint has dried.
- Cut two wings out of white paper and glue them on the back of the paper bag.
- Cut two white circles out and draw on black pupils. Glue these eyes on the bottom flap of the paper bag.
- Cut out two antennae from yellow construction paper and glue these above your eyes.
Now that we have a bumble bee puppet, we can also make a Bumble Bee out of a toilet paper roll, or a fun Bumble Bee Bookmark!
Frog Paper Bag Puppet
- Color your paper bag with a green crayon. Add two nostrils with black marker.
- Cut out a half moon from green construction paper, add two eyes out of white paper (drawing on pupils with black marker). Glue this to the flap of your paper bag.
- Cut out two arms out of green construction paper and glue them to each side.
Add some more froggy fun to the crafting table with a Paper Plate Frog made by recycling a paper plate and folding it in half! Or, make your froggy prince charming.
Tiger Animal Crafts for Kids
- Cut out a piece of orange construction paper, the same width as your bag. Glue it in place.
- Cut out another piece of orange construction paper the same side as the bottom fold of the bag - and glue this in place.
- Cut out two orange arms, and two ears. Using a black marker draw stripes on these.
- Glue your arms to each side of the bag and the ears on the bottom.
- Draw stripes all over the body of your tiger as well.
- Using white paper cut out two fangs. Glue these under the fold of the paper bag.
- Cut out some whiskers from white paper as well. And a nose from pink construction paper. Glue these just above the fold of the bag.
- Cut out two eyes (drawing the pupils on with the black marker). Glue these above the nose.
Print This Craft & Many More - Crafty Critters: Crafts to Go!"
We've made our site "to go"! No internet? No problem, we've got 100 crafts to go in a downloadable ebook!
Our best crafts, formatted for perfect one page printing or easy reading on a tablet.
Learn more & get your copy today! Crafty Critters: Crafts to Go
More Easy Crafts Like This One:
These are just a few of the many fun animal crafts for kids you can create. All of these can be adapted to create almost any animal.
These can be used to act out plays, or play pretend. Let their imaginations run wild!
Easy Crafts for Kids is social too! Be sure to join us and keep up to date on what the Crafty Critters are up to: